Thursday, January 25, 2007

Mark Your Calendar!

I've talked about the Mountain Meadows Massacre here before. Turns out there's a movie! Coming out in May! Which will surely infuriate the Mormon brethren and make them curse the Word of Wisdom because a nice shot of hooch sure would take the edge off!

Read all about it here. From the article:

Jon Voight, Dean Cain and Terence Stamp are set to upset Mormons across America by revisiting the religion's darkest day in a controversial new film. "September Dawn" recalls the Mountain Meadows Massacre in 1857 when a group of Mormons, disguised as Paiute Indians, slaughtered all but 17 small children on a wagon train on its way to California.

The official website! The trailer! (And how much do I love Movie Guy's voiceover? So much.)

Another site describes the film as "A love story set against the 19th century massacre of a wagon train of settlers in Utah at the hands of a renegade Mormon group." Love story. Set against a massacre. Something for everybody!

Here's a fun fact: Dean Cain plays Brigham Young in this film. He also played Scott Peterson in the made-for-TV movie, "The Perfect Husband: The Laci Peterson Story." I don't know why I find this fascinating, I just do.

Jon Voight! Lolita Davidovich! I'm so excited, I can't sit still. "September Dawn." May. I'm there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This Movie sounds AWESOME! I can't wait to see it!