Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Bush Administration Cares About Aging (Laughter)

The Summit on Global Aging (which I realize sounds like the aging of the planet but in fact has to do with the aging of people on the planet) convened today. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice made brief remarks which you can read here. Here's my favorite part:

I am pleased to have this opportunity to speak to you at today’s Summit on Global Aging. The event has served to sharpen two key points in all of our minds. First, despite our best efforts to ignore it, none of us are getting any younger and I want to thank everybody for reminding me of that. (Laughter.)


In other words, "HA! HA HA! I'm at a big important conference on aging! Telling funny funny jokes about getting older! While representing an administration that is working day and night to decimate medical and economic safety nets for aging Americans and those with disabilities! I slay me!"



Yeah. Haha.

No comments: